IN THE ROOM-22

This week IN THE ROOM, Brady Hicks and DJ stave off exhaustion to talk all about the upcoming WWE Night of Champions ppv, tag team wrestling, TNA ppv results, and the details of the IN THE ROOM Fan Conclave. If you are in the Philadelphia area this weekend be sure to e-mail intheroompodcast@gmail.com for details on how to be a part of the action! Thanks for the support!

14 Responses to IN THE ROOM

Hey gentlemen. It was a good podcast this week but perhaps you needed another ‘watered down edition’ of ITR this week if you are getting tired. Rest up for the weekend of gigantic proportions.

I was (about as) stoked (as I could be) to see Rhoode take the BFG series for whatever it’s worth. I personally may have gone with Storm who is pretty much as good as Rhoode in the ring with a slight edge on the stick. I really don’t know what DJ has against the young upstart Bully Ray. Seriously, if you look at their main event roster, Bubba is on the younger end of the spectrum. He is a baby next to Stink, Hogan, Flair, and a few others.

If anyone wants to see Roodes build towards stardom all you have to do is listen to all the older guys in TNA. They have said for years he is a future main eventer and we know that for TNA a big name saying someone is good counts as legitimately building them up. Just look at what Hogan did with Abyss. He said Abyss would be great and then he really took of with that whole red and yellow power ring thing to the point where casual fans had almost heard of him. AJ and Samoa Joe have had the best of it though.They don’t have to be in a worthwhile match or even on the card and since Hogan came they have been the face of the company leading it on its ever upwards climb to dominance just like was promised.

As always, good points Vince. It is obvious that TNA/Impact is a rocket that we all need to attach ourselves to. Let’s not forget their fantastic ability to make every Knockout a great role model for young girls to look up to (lay off the cupcakes, sl*t, wh*re, booty on the rope, on your back, etc.) The Knockouts really are a classy bunch (the characters, not the women) who would make a wonder addition to any formal dinner gathering. I often wonder if Vince Russo/writing watches Jerry Springer 24/7.

You mention AJ and Joe but let’s not forget Chris Daniels! Likely one of the best workers in the world has been on the forefront of fascinating storylines and PPVs for the entire Hogan/Bitchoff era. Well, as usual, I am rambling now. I have to go yell at some kids to get off my front lawn. Good to see you back, VG!

• Are you saying Madison Rayne isn’t the type to bring home to mom?!

Is Madison Rayne still with the company? Sorry that I went there … I like her work too and she has the best entrance music of any Knockout bar-none. They seriously should bring her back in the mix. Of course, I don’t know what happened at the tapings yet.

To me Russo looks exactly like the guy on Springer that sits on the side and does the sound effects. I really wouldn’t be suprised if it was him.

I have to give it to Brady for discussing my points honestly. Not like that other yahoo who just argued with everything I said. If I said that a basketball was round he would have argued it and said it was a square.

The only thing I gotta say is that even if you don’t agree with something that one of your guests say, you should question them about it, not just stay quiet. To me it seemed like you were agreeing with MrAkbaz by staying quiet last week.

wwe is in another galaxy, tna wont come close to wwe with there current ideas.
    tna isnt even in vinces radar if he wanted tna he would take it out by lunch time.

actually you should check out the first 5 years of tna dvd, and check out there
    ‘evolution’ since there inception and see how much of a hillbilly company dixie and jeff run over there, tna is just a crappier paycheck for former wwe talent, except for hogan i think hes robbbing them blind , good for the hulkster! also eric and russo probably make good cash too. i think dixie is a fucken mark with alot of cash i dont get why her dad dont tell her to pick a new hobby to waste money on, maybe dixie should look into roller derby.

7. I had a thought about one of Jermaine’s comments from last week.

“You want to run a show that talks about the industry, but you want the only major alternative in the industry to WWE to fail.”

Question: What’s wrong with wanting TNA to fail?

If competition is good, then why does anyone get lambasted for wanting a clear winner? The business was at its peak when WWF and WCW were trying to put each other out of business. Fans of both promotions would debate over which would eventually buy the other. We loved it.

I don’t want TNA to succeed just for the sake of giving WWE competition. Don’t get me wrong, I *want* WWE to have competition. But at the same time, I don’t think its a realistic expectation that the hosts on this show should treat TNA like it’s legitimate competition. I want WWE to compete against someone who knows what they’re doing.

You know what would be great? It would be great if we actually had two great North American promotions that the hosts of this show could actually have heated debates about, but we don’t.

The only way TNA becomes legitimate competition for WWE is if TNA has a sudden, neigh miraculous turn-around, in which they actually learn how to run a wrestling promotion. In lieu of that, the only acceptable answer to TNA programming is harsh criticism.

What does Jermaine expect? Does he want the hosts to say nice things about TNA and watch it every week in some vane attempt to generate ratings for a terrible show? What would that accomplish? Maybe he wants a more balanced show, but I hardly think that it’s balanced to unfairly portray WWE and TNA as if they’re on equal footing. They’re just not.

You know what the benefit would be if TNA failed? It would allow another promotion to step forward and take its place. There’s always someone else. There’s no merit in preserving second-rate programming.

The worst kind of competition is phony competition, in which you reward mediocrity to maintain competition. Competition means WINNING.

Mr Neil, instead of typing a novel just to sound like you know what you are talking about, why don’t you pay attention to the actual discussion. I was referring to MrAkbaz stating that he wanted TNA to go out of business. He wasn’t saying that he wanted them to be good competition, he wanted the OUT OF BUSINESS!

So instead of wasting your time trying to sound smart, why don’t you think before having diaharrea of the fingers with your foolish diatribe.

• Avatar big mac
      big mac says:

i herd you got your ass kicked at the conclave frito lay.

diaharrea of the fingers lol.