• 3 matches will be spotlighted every Sunday morning based on their nostalgic qualities, their in-ring performances, their campiness, and their performers’ contributions to today’s wrestling world.
• Not EVERY match will be a squash, but it’s always nice to see the fan favorite totally dominate.
• Main event of Squash Match Sunday will normally have a title on the line, and will ALWAYS be a quality wrestling match.
…Let’s get to the action!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
“The Juicer” Art Barr takes..on..uhh…what a creepy friggin’ gimmick. Watch some creeper in face paint run around with kids in face paint for your Early Bird Special.
MID CARD HANGOVER
T.J. Perkins takes on Mr. “Desmond Wolfe” himself, Nigel McGuinness in the Mid Card Hangover match this morning. After all the booze you drank last night, I’m sure your head must feel like you just got hit with Nigel’s “Tower of London” finisher.
Things to keep an eye/ear out for:
• Every wrestler from here on out who is on the receiving end of a wristlock should exclaim “OIIII!” the way Nigel McGuinness does in this match.
• Seems like Perkins got caught in the air for a bit during that frog cross body splash. Because he’s very light, you see!
YOUR MAIN EVENT OF THE MORNING
Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam Bigelow headline your SUPER BOWL-themed Main Event of the Morning in a Lumberjack match at Wrestlemania XI. Look out for Steve “Mongo” McMichael as well as other former NFL players who are probably dead broke around now.
Your main event worthy commentary of the afternoon:
• Funny to see Pat Patterson as a ref, and Nikolai Volkoff as a guy at ringside with a cent sign on his shirt.
• Big props to Bam Bam for jobbing to an ex(?)coke addict…then again this IS the WWF in the 1990s.
• Please answer the following question in the comments below: Would you wear a WWF Lawrence Taylor jersey? I know it’s hard to imagine without the bike shorts but you KNOW that would strike up some interesting conversation!
Well that about does it from my end, enjoy your Sunday afternoon!