• 3 matches will be spotlighted every Sunday morning based on their nostalgic qualities, their in-ring performances, their campiness, and their performers’ contributions to today’s wrestling world.
• Not EVERY match will be a squash, but it’s always nice to see the fan favorite totally dominate.
• Main event of Squash Match Sunday will normally have a title on the line, and will ALWAYS be a quality wrestling match.
…Let’s get to the action!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Leading off Squash Match Sunday is one of the most hardcore legends in professional wrestling history, the Sandman, taking on….THE ZOMBIE?!?! Only in ECW *coughonSciFicough*!
MID CARD HANGOVER
Disco Inferno squares off with Billy Kidman (c) for the WCW Cruiserweight Title in our Mid Card Hangover match of the morning. Is it me or is Kidman the ONLY wrestler who ever wore knee pads AND elbow pads?
Things to keep an eye/ear out for:
• It’s almost as if Tony and Bobby KNOW that people would be watching this match in the far future, so they need to hammer home that Disco Inferno is NOT a cruiserweight and is tired from trying to make weight for this match.
• Kidman’s finisher was a front flip senton called the “Seven Year Itch”. My point is…this &#$%^@$ was dating Torrie Wilson!!!
YOUR MAIN EVENT OF THE MORNING
YOUR Main Event of the Morning was also YOUR main event at the very FIRST Wrestlemania as Mr. T and Hulk Hogan (with Superfly Jimmy Snuka) grapple with Rowdy Roddy Piper and “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndoff (with “Ace” Cowboy Bob Orton).
Your main event worthy commentary of the afternoon:
• You might recognize those two bow-tied men in the ring prior to the start of the match: the FIRST WWF Intercontinental Champion Muhammad Ali and of course the greatest boxer of all time…Pat Patterson!
• It’s funny…I’ve solved many of my OWN problems in life by moving in time so Bob Orton nailed it with his surgical cast.
• I feel like “smark” wrestling fans can’t really say anything in terms of The Situation and Kevin Federline stepping into the squared circle…friggin Mr. T headlined Wrestlemania ONE!!!…at least he uses the tag rope…
Well that about does it from my end, enjoy your Sunday afternoon!