IN THE ROOM with Bandido, Jr.

This week, Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Brady Hicks, with Derrick McDonald, are joined IN THE ROOM on WEXP Philly by Bandido, Jr., the fourth entrant in the East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) Super 8 tournament, Saturday, April 7th in Newark, Delaware. What does Bandido, a second-generation indie star – and Homicide trainee – think about his competition in this year’s tourney? What are his thoughts on getting into the ring with everyone from former TNA star Amazing Red to his own tag parter, Azrieal? And what does the future hold for this talented Northeast independent standout? All that, plus more WrestleMania talk, especially related to The Rock/John Cena and their upcoming singoff, and the wildcard that is Shawn Michaels, and talk of Ring of Honor and the rising star that is Adam Cole. Thanks, as always, for the support!

Updated: —

6 Comments

1. Double D says:

Great interview with Bandido! He’s finally getting his due!

1. bradyhicks says:

thanks man

2. Mr Wilberforce Claybourne Humphries says:

Brady? your show has long been mediocre. Here’s 3 things to do.

!) Take the WSW monieker
    2) Get some ex or indie wrestlers to do podcasts or move them on to your ‘brand’
    3) get Kevin and DJ back as mainstays even if it means moving the show to suit them and rename the show PWI weekly.
    4) If you’re tired, don’t do the podcast on tuesday and find the energy on Wednesday to do VOC

Would you look at that. It’s like I’m trying to get back to the old days.

1. bradyhicks says:

Thanks for the feedback. I miss the old days too, but at the same time IN THE ROOM as of now is significantly bigger than PWI Weekly on WSW ever was. To address a few of your points:

* I don’t own the Who’s Slamming Who or the PWI Weekly names.
      * I’m always looking for new talent to write or podcast. That is part of the reason why I’ve been selling adspace on the site and radio show … nobody wants anything for free.
      * I would love it if DJ and Kev were on the show more … their availability is keeping them off … it hasn’t been any choice I’ve made.
      * My energy level has not been an issue since moving the show to a live format, Tuesdays at 9:30. (rather than Mondays closer to 11). We’ve also brought the shows back down to an hour instead of 2+, which has helped a lot as well.

3. Michael says:

Firstly thankyou so much Brady for In the Room and everything on The Brady Hicks. But I have to vent here because I’m so mad, to quote Brady Hicks “I don’t want to see anyone die, when I watch wrestling that’s not what I’m here to see.” Undertaker vs HHH hell in a cell, come on seriously, I have greatest respect for both these wrestlers but I want to neither of them in hell in a cell. Does anyone really want to see this? I think older wrestlers can be used properly but this is ridiculous.

Belongamick.

1. bradyhicks says:

I meant to bring this up on the show.

I want to see it! But them breaking their bodies is the only way I want to see them because it is all getting a little “old.”