IN THE ROOM with Chris Wylde

Photo by Chris Wylde

This week, independent star CHRIS WYLDE comes IN THE ROOM to talk about his experiences competing in ECWA, heading into the Super 8 tournament. Then, a HUGE surprise guest stops by to stir up some trouble as Brady Hicks and the gang discusses WWE’s WrestleMania buildup, TNA Victory Road, and–of all things–Snookie.

8 Responses to IN THE ROOM with Chris Wylde

Thanks again, guys and welcome back DJ.

Although I agree with a lot of what you guys said I think that the Cole/Lawler match is the single best booked match of Wrestlemania this year (especially considering this weeks Raw). For the record, I am not expecting a Steamboat/Savage or Jericho/HBK classic here but the booking and the players are all doing a great job so far IMHO … far better than Cenanuff vs. Rock .. err … Miz.

I really liked the Brian Christopher segment as well as Cole hiding in his little ‘Colequarium’, and finally Lawler’s reactions. For the record I am not a fan of Lawler but did enjoy his work in this angle.

As far as the Rock goes, I may be the only person on the planet who enjoyed his little opening segment this week more than anything that he’s done since his return. I laughed out loud for the first time in ages with the whole Cenanuff kid thing. That, to me, was gold.

As for the rest of Raw, it was pretty much what I expected at this stage of the game with WM around the corner. It was very promo-heavy with screwjob endings, BUILDING (take note TNA) to Wrestlemania. The only match worth watching was Bryan/Sheamus but this is pretty much the pre-WM formula.

2. Avatar Aztec
    Aztec says:

i agree the beginning of Raw , was rocks best! an that Sheamus match, was the match of the night. That boot to the face to Bryan,was plain awesome!

3. Avatar Aztec
    Aztec says:

but the end of the night , was the brains of the show! because when miz came out, looking the rock . the crowd thought it was the rock, an it was miz. i knew miz was comming out. but i lmfao, when i saw he was to be rock! that was ,flat out….AWWWWWWESSSSSSSOMMMMMMMME!

I don’t know where else to post this (not editorial worthy) but that TNA Crapact last night had to be the worst one that I have ever seen. There was no match until well into the 5th quarter hour, a 5 second match, a 1 minute 6 person mixed tag, a three minute triple-threat with the greenest of the roster, and finally a non-finish main event. Pure stink.

Can ANYBODY think of a worse two-hour wrestling show in recent history? There’s a challenge. What a followup to that Victory Road PPV (worst PPV in years at least).

• Write a column, haha!

Ern, how about RAW from the a couple of weeks ago (when Rock was talking from his title belt room) that was boring as hell and took out all steam from all WM matches. RAW recently has been just as bad as Impact. You get normally one full 5 min match and a bunch of ones with interference or the thing that really pisses me off where one competitor comes down, gets jumped and then someone makes a whole new match or they just go straight to the next segment with nothing else said. They have shut up the GM quite a bit. I guess they have given up on it too.

It’s not big enough to make a column unless I bitch for a few pages and who wants to read that?!?