SQUASH MATCH SUNDAY
“1+2+3 = SYXX!”
Little introduction to this article series:
• 3 matches will be spotlighted every Sunday morning based on their nostalgic qualities, their in-ring performances, their campiness, and their performers’ contributions to today’s wrestling world.
• Will always showcase the big 3 (WWF/E, WCW, TNA).
• Will sprinkle in some ECW every now and then. We don’t want TOO much bloodshed too early in the morning, now do we?
• Not EVERY match will be a squash, but it’s always nice to see the fan favorite totally dominate.
• Main event of Squash Match Sunday will normally have a title on the line, and will ALWAYS be a quality wrestling match.
Now as Triple H once said to Katie Vick…..Let’s get to the action!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Our first match of the morning tells the common story of an unstoppable force meeting an extremely movable object, when La Parka met WCW’s United States champion Goldberg in 1998.
…MY MOM DIGS GOLDBERG
MID CARD HANGOVER
Our mid card match showcases the young athletic Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Syxx-Pac (or The Band) as they take on Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, and Eric “EY” Young on TNA Impact! in 2010.
Things to keep an eye/ear out for:
• TNA Impact! on Monday at 8 PM? I wonder how that worked out for them.
• Syxx-Pac did us all a favor by locking Eric Young outside the cage.
• I WAS going to criticize Hall and Nash for leaning on the turnbuckles and doing nothing towards the end of the match, but if those guys ever fell onto the mat I don’t think there’s any way they’d be getting back up.
YOUR MAIN EVENT OF THE MORNING
Our main event stars one of the most coveted (and currently forgotten) titles in the history of wrestling, the WWF/E Intercontinental Title. In this epic match, Chris Jericho battled Christian at WWE Unforgiven 2004 for the vacant Intercontinental Championship in a Ladder Match.
Your main event worthy commentary of the afternoon:
• Ahh, the Jeritron! Great to see that during the opening video package.
• I had no idea Jericho was born in New York until Lilian Garcia said it during his introduction. Remember when Lilian left to pursue her music career? And then she became a multiple Grammy award winner? Me neither.
• Edge having a ruptured groin is pretty funny, not gonna lie.
• Seriously, can they make this title belt legitimate again? It means as much as the European title did. Or the…Hardcore title. Ugh, I just shuddered at the thought
Well that about does it from my end, enjoy your Sunday and remember…