IN THE ROOM: 2011 Fan Conclave Edition

Welcome to the special, IN THE ROOM Fan Conclave edition of the show, as – sans DJ – Brady Hicks, Anthony Sarlo, and Kevin McElvaney are joined by listeners Big Ern and Vince Gillett in running down all that was this past weekend at the Conclave in Philadelphia. Plus, the gang take a very special look at WWE Night of Champions, including where it succeeded and where most thought it fell short, as well as presenting some thoughts on TNA. Check it out today! Thanks for the support!

25 Responses to IN THE ROOM: 2011 Fan Conclave Edition

Before you try to change my words for people who didn’t hear my comment a few weeks back, I was commenting that you guys were complaining that Roode, Storm, Ray & Gunner were in the final four, and then seconds later one of you were complaining that TNA wwasn’t pushing any new stars. So I was pointing out the contradiction of the show. If you are gonna put words in my mouth, you better get them right.

• Avatar big mac
      big mac says:

can u tell us more about getting your ass kicked
      at the conclave by brady.

Unfortunately, I had to work and couldn’t attend Brady’s Virgin-Mania.

Sorry that you couldn’t make it, bud. Working on weekends? You must be busy with all of the (bend and stroke, kneel and pucker) work that you do. Oh well, the economy is tough on us all.

Oh yeah I forgot. If you work on weekends you must be a prostitute? Nice try trying to sound witty Big Ern. Good luck with that.

Actually I thought that your Virgin-Mania comment was pretty funny myself. Of course, a couple of us will have to have a long chat with our wife and kids about how that works. Either way, taking in a TNA, indy show, and a WWE event in a bar was quite the blast! Props to Brady for putting it all together and getting the ‘mutant virgins’ ;) together!

• Avatar Brother Jermaine

Yeah, I am sure your wife isn’t much to write home about if you left her for the weekend to hang out with a bunch of guys you met on the internet.

5. Avatar Big Vic
    Big Vic says:

A bunch of guys meeting up from around the world to meet and spend the weekend together? I wonder how you guys aren’t too soar to sit down to record your podcast!

I didn’t say that I was married but yeah and damn lucky to have a wife like mine. Jermaine, when your balls drop and you overcome your confusion over your sexual orientation you will realize that you are not attached at the hip to your spouse. Is guys night a new concept to you? Maybe you will bring your wife or same-sex partner to football games and fishing trips?

Oh, and if you are leaning towards your own team then I think that Vic is interested or maybe he’s had too many ‘special guys’ trips to come up with these ideas of his (even if he can type yet can’t spell).

• Avatar Big Vic
      Big Vic says:

Before you waste time pointing out my mis-spelled word, why don’t you re-read your first sentence. Any grammar errors there professor? Douche.

I am trying to write in words you understand wee Vic. Who posts on boards just to get a rise out of people? Useless and boring trolls such as yourself. Go live out your fantasies on another board, loser. You only post here to insult others and display your ignorance and stupidity. Please find yourself a life.

If inferring that someone is gay and then trying to point out someone’s grammar on a internet forum are your only weapons, just quit. You are too pathetic to come up with a real response.

That’s how you started posting here to dolt and loser. Your original post on this topic was to call the conclave virgins. You are beyond pathethic and haven’t had a real post here on any board until you came up with some actual constructive criticism of the podcast a few weeks back. You and tiny vic are boring me to death. Go out and find a life.

Obviously your quick wit on calling wrestling fans virgins (never been done, not pathetic?) has totally outclassed my own. Were you not allegedly in Atlanta a few weeks back for the weekend? What does that make you?

I guess that I had better go crawl back into my cave a beaten man. I’m through with my volunteer work for riders of the short bus such as yourself.

• Avatar Brother Jermaine

Yeah, I went to Atlanta for the convention. I wasn’t flying anywhere and having sleepover parties and circle jerks with other lonely men who I met off of the internet.

Ah, and the “short bus” comment. Another desperate tool for the internet tough guy.

Well Internet tough guy/douche bag, you are back to gay joke bandwagon of which you talk down. Your idea of a weekend of wrestling shows in Philly is not quite what you imagine and describe. Really sorry about that. I am sure that you can find what you are looking for, perhaps at another convention? Best of luck to you.

i think the conclave was a great idea and i wish i was there, you guys met kurt angle at a tna house show, had a party at the fox hound with the voc jerks, sounds like a fun time for any wrasslin fan, eventhough angle kinda looks in bad shape, kinda smaller then the wwe kurt angle.

• Haha, you’re still mad at them for hanging up on you?

• Avatar mrakbaz

lol, naw there cool, nemar and bruce are friends on my akbaz show facebook!

10. Avatar Jason
    Jason says:

BEER…..MONEY! Both very good words on their own but after last Friday I hope I never hear them together again. Seriously, it was a fun show and glad to hear that the guys that traveled from so far had a good time. TNA should think of filming in these small arenas. Way better environment than the dead air or piped in crowd noise you get on the usual TNA Impact. Didnt see NOC, but just to throw a comment in on it I think the reason they overbooked the finish was to get the ball rolling for some Nash/Miz/Truth faction. I would not be stunned to see HHH fire another guy or two to lead up to a SS match between the fired guys led by Vince and some team led by Punk and Hunter. Maybe they would also put Cena and Rock on team HHH with some big stips on the line. Last time the SS had a great main event angle power like that was the Team Austin vs Team Bischoff match with Goldberg/HHH as the main event. That was probably the last great SS PPV.

• BEER … MONEY. Thanks for coming out, Jason. It was great to see you! I think you’re right regarding SS, although I suspect that Cena/Rock will be a separate match from HHH/Punk. I’m working on the matches in my head still …

11. Avatar Belongamick
    Belongamick says:

Glad to hear everything went so well at the conclave guys. I was especially pleased to hear Hicks got to spend some time with Winter and I was not jealous of this at all. Just like the time he got to hang out with Velvet Sky or interview Sassy Stephanie not a single thought of petty rivalry entered my mind. Just because Brady may have actually been into Angelina Love’s hotel room, a godess who’s footsteps I worship, doesn’t mean I was privately eaten up by this and printed off a picture of him to throw darts at at all.

Seriously though I’m glad to hear everyone had a great time and thanks for posting some of the highlights.

Belongamick.

• Like! Wait until you see who I got for the show next. My favorite!

12. Avatar Ashley
    Ashley says:

So are ladies allowed at this fan conclave? ;)
    Is it really gonna be a whole year before the next one?

• Avatar big mac
      big mac says:

your invited to the conclave in my pants