Little introduction to this article series:
• 3 matches will be spotlighted every Sunday morning based on their nostalgic qualities, their in-ring performances, their campiness, and their performers’ contributions to today’s wrestling world.
• Will always showcase the big 3 (WWF/E, WCW, TNA).
• Will sprinkle in some ECW every now and then. We don’t want TOO much bloodshed too early in the morning, now do we?
• Not EVERY match will be a squash, but it’s always nice to see the fan favorite totally dominate.
• Main event of Squash Match Sunday will normally have a title on the line, and will ALWAYS be a quality wrestling match.
Now as Macho Man once said to Stephanie McMahon…let’s get to the action!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Now when I think of WCW staples, the first two guys that come to mind actually wrestled each other in an amazingly awful match back in 1989. The Iron Sheik faces off against the “Dogface Gremlin” Rick Steiner, accompanied to the ring by his brother Scott “Big Poppa Pump” Steiner and Missy “Pumped By A Lot Of Big Poppas” Hyatt.
MID CARD HANGOVER
This morning’s Mid Card Hangover features the Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money in an Ultimate X Tag Team Match. Now if you are ACTUALLY hungover, this might be a video version of the “hair o’ the dog”. Awesome, awesome match that proves once again that the TNA’s X Division was/is nothing to mess with.
Things to keep an eye/ear out for:
• I love how Tazzzzz is talking about Beer Money being “intox..err..while driving..err” when he clearly sounds like he’s “intox..err..while commentating..err”.
• As exciting as most Best-of-5 series have been, do they EVER end before the 5th match???
• At 5:49, Alex Shelley definitely Superkicked Robert Roode right in the package. I guess you could say he got some Sweet Taint Music!
YOUR MAIN EVENT OF THE MORNING
Undertaker and Kane (WWE Tag Team Champions) vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WWE Champion) and Triple H (WWE Intercontinental Champion).
ALL titles are on the line…
…in the same match.
THIS…is your main event of the morning!
Your main event worthy commentary of the afternoon:
• I’m usually a big proponent of Paul Heyman but MY GOD does he ever shut up!
• Did Austin EVER have healthy knees? Couldn’t they have made an Avatar for him or something?
• Not gonna lie, Austin and Haitch really jobbed out for the first half of that match.
• This next comment is actually from the Youtube page, courtesy of royaltyinc444: “STONE COLD KNEE BRACES MATCH STEPHANIE’S OUTFIT”.
Well that about does it from my end, enjoy your Sunday afternoon and remember…
“STONE COLD KNEE BRACES MATCH STEPHANIE’S OUTFIT”