• 3 matches will be spotlighted every Sunday morning based on their nostalgic qualities, their in-ring performances, their campiness, and their performers’ contributions to today’s wrestling world.
• Not EVERY match will be a squash, but it’s always nice to see the fan favorite totally dominate.
• Main event of Squash Match Sunday will normally have a title on the line, and will ALWAYS be a quality wrestling match.
…Let’s get to the action!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
HE’S HOT…HE’S SPICY…HE TASTES GREAT….CURRY MAN!!!!!
….and Shark Boy Vs. The Rock ‘n’ Rave Infection
MID CARD HANGOVER
Our Mid Card Hangover brings us one of many, many matches between Tiger Mask and the Dynamite Kid. This one is for the WWF Jr. Heavyweight title, which as we all know was a prestigious belt. Up there with the Hardcore belt and the FTW title it was!
Things to keep an eye/ear out for:
• What’s up with the rings in the last few weeks? This ring seems WAYYY bigger than usual. Perhaps I should’t do shots of absinthe before writing these articles.
• I apologize for the language barrier. It’s kind of funny to hear them talking a mile a minute then say “DYNAMITE KIDDA!” though.
• Gotta love the kick-out by Dynamite Kid at the 4 count. Classic.
YOUR MAIN EVENT OF THE MORNING
YOUR Main Event of the Morning showcases Bret Hart and Chris Benoit as they wrassle for the vacant world heavyweight Title at WCW Mayhem ’99. The title was stripped from Sting at Halloween Havok ’99 after he furiously made out with referee Charles Robinson during an unsanctioned match with Goldberg.
Your main event worthy commentary of the afternoon:
• Match starts at 3:10 if you don’t want to sit through the WCW broadcast team try to kill time between Benoit walk from his dressing room to the ring followed by Hart walk the same route. I think it’s Mongo who during this time utters the phrase: “Two men from Canada”.
• The fireworks erupting seconds after Benoit taps makes it wayyy too obvious that they were putting Hart over from the get-go. No wonder they say the streets of Canada are clean, they throw all their trash into the ring after Bret Hart makes Chris Benoit tap!
• Yes, yes, yes…this is the match that they use for the “Malcolm In The Middle” intro.
Well that about does it from my end, enjoy your Sunday afternoon! And remember….
YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW, AND YOU’RE NOT SO BIG!!!