• 3 matches will be spotlighted every Sunday morning based on their nostalgic qualities, their in-ring performances, their campiness, and their performers’ contributions to today’s wrestling world.
• Not EVERY match will be a squash, but it’s always nice to see the fan favorite totally dominate.
• Main event of Squash Match Sunday will normally have a title on the line, and will ALWAYS be a quality wrestling match.
…Let’s get to the action!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne) kicks us off in the Early Bird Special as he engages in a spot-fest with Jack Evans in a Wrestling Society X ring. Noteworthy appearances by Lizzy Valentine as well as Zakk Wylde.
MID CARD HANGOVER
Our Mid Card Hangover showcases two of WWE’s most prolific Olympic athletes, as Kurt Angle takes on “Sexual Chocolate” Mark Henry in a RAW IS WAR ring back in February of 2000. Don’t be fooled by these big names squaring off…it’s a stinker.
Things to keep an eye/ear out for:
• I wonder how far along that hand is inside Mae Young’s 232 year old womb.
• Barbara Bush (aka B.B.) makes an early appearance as a paramedic. If you remember B.B., you are a wonderful person.
• This is the best finish I’ve seen in a looooong time: Kurt Angle wins by DQ AND he Olympic Slams Mae Young. OH IT’S TRUE…IT’S DAMN TRUE!
YOUR MAIN EVENT OF THE MORNING
YOUR Main Event of the Morning honors arguably the most prolific and dominant stable in professional wrestling history as the Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, and Lex Luger) along with War Machine (aka a masked Big Boss Man) take on Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors and Precious Paul Ellering in the THIRD EVER War Games match!
Your main event worthy commentary of the afternoon:
• I love how the crowd is snapping out a few minutes into the match because Dusty Rhodes is about to place a standing leg lock on Arn Anderson. Goes to show that bravado is rarely seen this day and age in a modern wrestling ring.
• It’s kind of hard to tell who the faces are based on the crowd reactions. However, based on how War Machine is dressed I’ve have to guess that the Horsemen are the heels in this bout.
• VERY surprised how loud the crowd reacted to Nikita Koloff’s entrance, considering this is in a cold war America and his nickname is “The Russian Nightmare”. But he’s a face so SCREW IT! WHOOO!!
Well that about does it from my end, enjoy your Sunday afternoon!